Linking industry forecasts to our global economic assumptions and projections
- Globally integrated forecasting framework. The world’s only globally integrated industry model, the model links our industry forecasts to economic assumptions and projections from our global economic model. This allows you to build shock scenarios and assess their impact down to a sector level and compare them to our baseline.
- Comprehensive industry coverage. For each of the 74 national economies in the model plus the Eurozone and aggregates, we include 85 manufacturing industries and 15 service sectors.
- Advanced model structure. Forecasts for output by industry are based on an input-output framework. It is built around quarterly data for 25 countries and annual data for 44 countries from 1980 and ahead 5, 10, or 25 years.
- User-friendly software. The Global Model Workstation makes it simple for you to build your own scenarios, export data sets, and visualise data as charts, heat maps, and dashboards.
- Regularly updated. We update the historical data and forecasts each quarter, consistent with the latest macroeconomic forecast from that month.Our economists review industry forecasts from the model to ensure they are consistent with our global assumptions and country projections.
- Comprehensive training and support. We provide full training to new model users, and our economists are available to answer questions about the model.