A dynamic tool for analysis of tourism trends
The most comprehensive tourism statistics dataset of its kind, our Tourism Decision Metrics service allows clients to quickly analyse market trends and the outlook for travel and the economy around the world. With over 20 years of historical data and forecasts based on the tested Oxford Economics global macroeconomic model, users can conduct extensive global market analysis in minutes, complete with tables, charts, and maps.
This best-of-breed service offers desktop market intelligence software developed for market strategists, scenario planners, economists, tourism analysts and capital investors within both public- and private-sector organisations.
Our rigorous tourism and travel database includes 10-year forecasts based on the Oxford Global Economic Model for every major origin and destination pair. The service includes over 40,000 indicators of tourism activity, including details on purpose of trip and visitor spending. The platform provides tourism “dashboard” reports and economic briefings for all major markets.
What the service includes
Tourism Decision Metrics provides over 40,000 indicators of travel, demographics, and economics—forecast 10 years into the future based on the only global econometric model of world travel.
- Desktop platform includes detailed tourism and macroeconomic data on 185 countries for ongoing analysis
- Tourism forecasts linked to the Oxford global economic model, capable of "what if" scenario analyses
- Economic briefings on up to 191 markets
- Economic and demographic forecasts—the drivers of the forecast model
- Price indicators—inflation, interest rates, and exchange rates
- Travel spending—inbound, outbound, and domestic spending by purpose
- Visits—destination forecasts by purpose of trip and mode of transportation
- Departures—number of trips taken, by each origin market
- Origin-destination flows—visits and nights across major origin and destination pairs
- Consultation with Tourism Economics and Oxford Economics staff