Latest developments and trends to 2015 for ten major industries and sub-sectors
Every quarter, our Global Industry Forecasts provide historical, current and forecast data and analysis on the world’s key industrial and emerging markets. Unlike other industry services, we use an integrated global economic and sectoral model to ensure that our industry forecasts are both accurate and consistent with world economic conditions, and we also provide forecasts by sector under alternate risk scenarios. As part of your subscription, you will receive monthly industry updates; quarterly world summary reports; supplementary base forecast and scenario data and tables; and full telephone or email support from our analysts.
What the service includes
- Spotlight on the world's most important developed and emerging markets. Our global industry forecasts cover 67 nations and a range of regions. The service spans all regions, including Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and Africa. Regional aggregates are included.
- Broad coverage of all major manufacturing sectors and services. Global industry forecasts cover nine key manufacturing industries and up to 85 sub-sectors; service-sector coverage includes key subsectors. The time frame includes 25 years of historical trends and forecasts up to 2017. We produce forecasts from our Global Industry Model, which projects value-added output by industry.
- Deep analysis into industrial sectors. We offer data and forecasts for each industry for all covered countries, together with detailed sub-sector analysis in line with NACE revision 2 codes.
- Detailed written analysis of trends. Each report highlights critical trends over the past three months, examines monthly indicators and reviews our annual forecasts for output growth up to 2017. Crucially, we analyse how each industry will be affected by key macroeconomic drivers, such as FX swings, commodity prices, consumption, investment and trends in other industries.
- Scenario analysis. Reports have been expanded to include several pages of sector-specific analysis of the risk scenarios and the key drivers of the alternative forecast paths, as well as summary charts and tables for key regions. In addition, cross-sectoral global comparisons are presented in summary form in the overview section of the report.
- Business-friendly format. Our reports provide bullet-point analysis and multiple charts and tables on key industrial-output trends, past and future. Comparative tables show the fastest- and slowest-growing markets for each industry, both on a historical and forecast basis.
- Precise forecasting methodology. Our industry forecasts are derived from our renowned economic and industry models. The Global Industry Model forecasts output across industries from our latest global economic forecasts, and is integrated with our Global Economic Model, the world’s most widely used commercial economic model.