Latest developments and trends to 2015 for ten major industries and sub-sectors
Every quarter, our Global Industry Forecasts provide historical, current and forecast data and analysis on the world’s key industrial and emerging markets. Unlike other industry services, we use an integrated global economic and sectoral model to ensure that our industry forecasts are both accurate and consistent with world economic conditions. As part of your subscription, you will receive monthly industry updates; quarterly world summary reports; supplementary data and forecast tables; and full telephone or email support from our analysts.
What the service includes
- Spotlight on the world's most important developed and emerging markets. Our global industry forecasts cover 67 nations and a range of regions. The service spans all regions, including Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and Africa. Regional aggregates are included.
- Broad coverage of all major manufacturing sectors and services. Global industry forecasts cover nine key manufacturing industries and up to 85 sub-sectors; service-sector coverage includes key subsectors. The time frame includes 25 years of historical trends and forecasts up to 2015. We produce forecasts from our Global Industry Model, which projects output or value-added by industry.
- Deep analysis into industrial sectors. We offer data and forecasts for each industry for all covered countries, together with detailed sub-sector analysis in line with NACE revision 2 codes.
- Detailed written analysis of trends. Each report highlights critical trends over the past three months, examines monthly indicators and reviews our annual forecasts for output growth up to 2015. Crucially, we analyse how each industry will be affected by key macroeconomic drivers, such as FX swings, commodity prices, consumption, investment and trends in other industries.
- Business-friendly format. Our reports provide bullet-point analysis and multiple charts and tables on key industrial-output trends, past and future. Comparative tables show the fastest- and slowest-growing markets for each industry, both on a historical and forecast basis.
- Precise forecasting methodology. Our industry forecasts are derived from our global economic and industry models. Our Global Industry Model forecasts output across industries from our latest monthly economic global forecasts. The Global Industry Model integrates with Oxford Economics’ Global Economic Model, the world's most widely used commercial economic model.