For investors, macro matters
In today’s environment of global uncertainty, external market shocks can come fast and furious, with the power to roil commodity and financial markets. Adding complexity, global market linkages and fast-moving technology can cause unexpected ripple effects across asset classes in major and emerging markets. Without insights into future macro trends, and how they may diverge under alternative scenarios--such as a deeper Eurozone crisis, China economic downturn or Mideast military flare-up--even the most sophisticated asset allocation models will fail to deliver the right investment direction.
To fill this market gap, Oxford Economics, a world leader in economic forecasting, has launched the Global Investment Scenario Service, an advanced tool for assessing the impact of economic and geopolitical developments on portfolio strategies across asset classes. At the heart of this service is Oxford Economics’ highly respected Global Economic Model, used by over 100 leading financial, corporate and government institutions for forecasting and scenario analysis. This world-class econometric platform links country models through trade flows, commodity prices and financial effects to reflect how economies interact with each other and drive asset prices.
What the service includes
The Global Investment Scenario Service provides portfolio managers with all they need to risk-proof their investment portfolios from macro shocks. Each quarter, our senior financial specialists, supported by a global team of 80 seasoned economists, provide clients with in-depth insights into future macro trends and their impact on multiple asset prices and allocation strategies. Our new Global Investment Scenario Service also includes events-driven analysis to show the impact of emerging macro and market risks.
Subscribers to the Global Investment Scenario Service receive:
- A main quarterly report that explains our baseline forecast and provides three to four alternative scenarios in PowerPoint. The report quantifies the impact of key “tail-risks” and opportunities for financial markets and the world economy over the next five years.
- Events-driven scenarios on emerging developments around the world that will have broad market repercussions. During the course of each quarter, we will typically provide two to three of these additional scenarios.
- Latest market analysis, released in response to breaking market events and economic news that will affect the investment community. Each week, we provide at least one timely analytical piece, including the name and contact details for the Oxford analyst.
- Forecast data and scenarios, updated quarterly, for each of 46 countries, plus Eurozone and World aggregates. Included is an on-line databank providing historical, current and forecast data for key financial and economic variables for each country.
- Access to our team of senior financial analysts and economists, who are available to answer questions on what macro events will mean for your portfolio.