The most widely used commercial international economic model
Used by international institutions, governments and central banks, as well as blue-chip companies across the industrial spectrum, Oxford's custom country models are proven forecasting tools. Ideal for conducting rigorous "what if" analyses, we look at the implications of both key economic risks and policy changes, including:
- How hard would a disintegration of the Eurozone hit the global economy?
- What would be the implications of oil prices hitting $200 per barrel?
- What is the impact of fiscal austerity?
- How would a "hard landing" in China affect the world economy?
- What would a 1-in-50-year recession look like and what might trigger it?
You can use our scenarios to test the robustness of your business plans or investment strategies; to consider the risks involved in entering a new country market; or to satisfy the requirements of your organisation’s regulators in conducting robust stress tests.
In addition, Oxford Economics can also develop new country models on your behalf, or provide enhancements to our existing models to address the issues you need to analyse. We have worked in this way both for governments, to support their fiscal budget forecasting and economic policy decisions, and for companies, looking to evaluate business opportunities and risks.