This service provides historical data, forecasts, and written analysis of all 50 states and Washington, DC, 89 Metropolitan Statistical Areas that together comprise over 75% of all US economic activity, and all 31 Metro Divisions, plus Canada’s provinces and 9 major cities. Clients have online access to our full dataset of historic trends and long-term forecasts, including income and retail sales, GDP, employment by sector, consumer spending, household income bands, and housing starts and permits.
- Coverage of all states, 89 MSAs and all 31 Metro Divisions in the US, and all Canadian provinces and major cities. The service provides data and forecasts on three levels of geographical disaggregation.
- Extensive data by location. The service provides quarterly data and forecasts for output and employment (by sector), population, labour force, unemployment, household income bands and spending, and housing starts and permits.
- Long-term forecasts. We provide historical data back to 1990 for states and provinces and to 2001 for metro areas. All forecasts go forward to 2030.
- Quarterly forecasts with regular written analysis. Our data and forecasts are updated once a quarter. Subscribers also receive regular written analysis to highlight key metro trends.
- Tourism forecasts. Analysis includes an evaluation of the impact by tourism on metro incomes, and visitor numbers.
- Forecast consistency. All forecasts are consistent with our widely respected global economic and industry view.
- Advanced analytical functions. Our web-based databank allows users to quickly build custom queries with complete flexibility and view the data in tables, charts, and maps.
- Economist support. We offer full support to clients to answer questions about our data or forecasts.
Metropolitan Statistical Areas: Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Roswell; Baltimore-Columbia-Towson; Boston-Cambridge-Newton; Charlotte-ConcordGastonia; Chicago-Naperville-Elgin; Cincinnati; Cleveland-Elyria; Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington; Denver-Aurora-Lakewood; Detroit-Warren-Dearborn; Houston-The Woodlands-Sugar Land; Kansas City; Las Vegas-Henderson-Paradise; Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim; Miami-Fort Lauderdale-West Palm Beach; Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington; New York-Newark-Jersey City; Orlando-KissimmeeSanford; Philadelphia-Camden-Wilmington; PhoenixMesa-Scottsdale; Pittsburgh; Portland-VancouverHillsboro; Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario; San Diego-Carlsbad; San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward; San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara; Seattle-TacomaBellevue; St. Louis; Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater; Washington-Arlington-Alexandria; Austin-Round Rock; Buffalo-Cheektowaga-Niagara Falls; Columbus; El Paso; Urban Honolulu; Indianapolis-Carmel-Anderson; Jacksonville; Louisville/Jefferson County; Memphis; Milwaukee-Waukesha-West Allis; Nashville-DavidsonMurfreesboro-Franklin; New Orleans-Metairie; Oklahoma City; Providence-Warwick; Richmond; Sacramento-Roseville-Arden-Arcade; Salt Lake City; San Antonio-New Braunfels; Tucson; Virginia Beach-Norfolk-Newport News; Birmingham-Hoover; Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk; Durham-Chapel Hill; Hartford-West Hartford-East Hartford; Raleigh; Trenton; Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton; Harrisburg-Carlisle; Oxnard-Thousand Oaks-Ventura; Stockton-Lodi; Vallejo-Fairfield; Knoxville; Reno; Albany-SchenectadyTroy; Albuquerque; Ann Arbor; Bakersfield; Dayton; Fresno; Greensboro-High Point; Greenville-AndersonMauldin; Toledo; Tulsa; Cape Coral-Fort Myers; Salinas; Santa Cruz-Watsonville; Santa Maria-Santa Barbara; Santa Rosa; Wilmington; New Haven-Milford; North Port-Sarasota-Bradenton; Burlington; Lancaster; Modesto; Napa; Scranton-Wilkes-Barre-Hazelton; Winston-Salem; Lebanon; Reading.
Metro Divisions: Anaheim-Santa Ana-Irvine; Boston; Cambridge-Newton-Framingham; Camden; ChicagoNaperville-Arlington Heights; Dallas-Plano-Irving; DetroitDearborn-Livonia; Dutchess County-Putnam County; Elgin; Fort Lauderdale-Pompano Beach-Deerfield Beach; Fort Worth-Arlington; Gary; Lake County-Kenosha County; Los Angeles-Long Beach-Glendale; MiamiMiami Beach-Kendall; Montgomery County-Bucks County-Chester County; Nassau County-Suffolk County; New York-Jersey City-White Plains; Newark; OaklandHayward-Berkeley; Philadelphia; Rockingham CountyStrafford County; San Francisco-Redwood City-South San Francisco; San Rafael; Seattle-Bellevue-Everett; Silver Spring-Frederick-Rockville; Tacoma-Lakewood; WarrenTroy-Farmington Hills; Washington-Arlington-Alexandria; West Palm Beach-Boca Raton-Delray Beach; Wilmington.
Canadian CMAs: Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton, Montreal, Halifax, Winnipeg.
GDP (GSP) by sector; Workplace-employment by sector; Income and retail sales; Housing; Population, labour force and income; Households by income band.