Data and forecasts for all US states and 37 metro areas and cities in North America
The quarterly updated North American forecasts, which are consistent with our global economic and industry projections, cover important macroeconomic, labour-market and industry variables. The service offers written analysis of major trends every six months. Clients receive a file with a full dataset containing the historical trends and 10-year forecasts for GDP, 35 industries (21 for metro areas), employment, income and consumer spending, and house prices among other series of importance. The data service includes preferential access to our analysts and twice-yearly client webinars.
The service covers these US metropolitan statistical areas: Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis-St. Paul, New York, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Portland, Riverside, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, St. Louis, Tampa and Washington DC.
The Canadian cities covered are Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton, and Montreal.
What the service includes
- Coverage of all US states and the 37 largest metro areas and cities in North America. The service furnishes comprehensive data and forecasts on two levels of geographical disaggregation.
- Extensive data by location. The service provides quarterly data and forecasts for output and employment (by sector), population, labour force, unemployment, household income and spending, and house prices.
- Quarterly forecasts with semi-annual analysis. Every quarter you receive our latest data and forecasts.
- Ten-year forecasts. We provide historical data back to 1997 for US states and to 2001 for metro areas. All forecasts go forward to 2025.
- Forecast consistency. Our local forecasts are consistent with our widely respected global economic and industry view.
- Flexible delivery format. Our databank of historical data and forecasts can be delivered flexibly, either as an Excel file or in other formats to meet client needs.
- Regular client briefings and telephone support. We also offer full telephone support and regular webinar briefings for clients.