Data and forecasts for over 1,900 sub-regions, cities and towns
Covering the EU28, Turkey, Russia, Norway and Switzerland, and drawing on Eurostat’s Nomenclature of Territorial Units for Statistics (NUTS), this unparalleled service provides data and forecasts for NUTS 1, 2 and 3 regions. Consistent with our global economic and industry forecasts, the regularly updated regional forecasts cover key macroeconomic, labour market, and industry variables. A written analysis of key trends and individual reports for 25 major cities are also provided.
Clients have access to an online databank and Excel files containing the historical trends and forecasts for GDP, 18 industries, employment, incomes, consumer spending, and other important series. The data service includes preferential access to our analysts and client meetings.
What the service includes
- Coverage of NUTS 1, 2, and 3 regions in the EU28, Norway, Switzerland, Russia and Turkey. The service furnishes comprehensive data and forecasts by country for major regions, cities, and towns.
- Extensive data by location. The service provides annual data and forecasts for GDP, 18 industries for GVA and employment, population, labour force, unemployment, household income, consumer spending and retail sales.
- Quarterly updates. Every quarter you receive our latest data and forecasts, supplemented by a summary report and individual reports for 25 major cities.
- Fifty years of data. We provide historical data from 1980 where possible and forecasts out to 2030 for all regions.
- Flexible delivery format. Forecasts are published on our online databank, as well as in pre-made Excel files. Upon request, forecasts can be delivered in other formats to meet client needs.
- Regular briefings and telephone support. We offer full telephone support for clients, along with regular briefings.
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, the United Kingdom.
Sectors covered: Agriculture, forestry & fishing; Mining & quarrying; Manufacturing; Electricity, gas & water supply; Construction; Wholesale & retail trade; Accommodation & food services; Transport & storage; Information & communication; Financial & insurance activities; Real estate activities; Professional, scientific & technical activities; Administrative & support service activities; Public administration & defence; Education; Health & social work; Arts, entertainment & recreation; Other service activities.
Economic series covered: GDP; gross value added by sector; workplace employment by sector; labour force; unemployment and residence-based employment; population (total and working age); household incomes; consumer spending; retail sales.
Add-on feature: Consumer spending data and forecasts for over 1,700 cities and regions across Europe
Covering the EU27 countries (excluding Malta and Cyprus) plus Norway and Switzerland, and drawing on Eurostat’s Nomenclature of Territorial Units for Statistics (NUTS), this add-on service provides detailed consumer spending data and forecasts for NUTS 1, 2 and 3 regions. The regularly updated annual forecasts are consistent with our existing European City and Regional economic forecasts and our global macro-economic projections.
The service breaks down consumer spending into its component parts and provides detailed forecasts on goods and services across 54 spending categories. It includes annual historical data and forecasts out to 2030.
Countries included: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom.
COICOP levels covered:
- Food: Food; Non-alcoholic beverages
- Alcoholic beverages and tobacco: Alcoholic beverages; Tobacco; Narcotics
- Clothing and footwear: Clothing; Footwear including repair of footwear
- Housing, water, electricity, gas and other fuels: Housing rent; Imputed housing rent; Housing maintenance and repairs; Housing water charges; Housing electricity, gas and other fuels
- Household furnishings, equipment, and routine maintenance of the house: Furniture and furnishings, carpets and other floor coverings; Household textiles; Household appliances; Household glassware, tableware and household utensils; Household and garden tools and equipment; Routine household maintenance goods and services
- Health: Medical products, appliances and equipment; Out-patient services; Hospital services
- Transport: Vehicle purchases; Personal transport running costs; Non-personal transport services
- Communications: Postal services; Telephone equipment; Telephone services
- Recreation and culture: Audio-visual, photographic and information processing equipment; Other recreational and cultural durable goods; Other recreational items and equipment; Recreational and cultural services; Newspapers, books and stationery; Package holidays
- Restaurants and hotels: Catering Services; Accommodation services
- Miscellaneous goods and services: Personal care goods and services; Personal effects not elsewhere classified; Social protection; Insurance; Financial services not elsewhere classified; Other services not elsewhere classified