Data and forecasts for Chinese provinces and cities
These quarterly updated forecasts, which are consistent with our global economic and industry projections, cover key macroeconomic, labour-market, industry and consumer variables. The forecasts are accompanied by a written analysis of key trends.
Clients receive a dataset containing historical data and 15-year forecasts for GDP, a breakdown into primary, secondary and tertiary activity, employment, incomes and consumer spending, and retail sales as well as other series of importance. The service also includes preferential access to our analysts.
What the service includes
- Coverage of 30 provinces and 282 cities. The service provides comprehensive data and forecasts on two levels of geographical disaggregation, along with the relevant national totals and key financial indicators.
- Extensive data by location. The service provides consistent data and forecasts for output and employment, population, household income, consumer spending and retail sales.
- Quarterly data updates and analysis. Our latest data and forecasts are sent to you every quarter.
- Forecasts to 2025. Starting dates for historical data vary, but provincial data generally go back to the early 1980s, and most city GDP data start in the late 1990s. Other city variables start in 2002. All forecasts go out to 2025.
- Consistent with the Oxford Economics China and Global Macro-economic Forecasts. Forecasts are consistent with the frequently updated and well-respected Oxford Economics Global Economic Model.
- Flexible delivery format. Our databank of historical data and forecasts can be delivered flexibly, either as an Excel file or in other formats to meet client needs.
- Regular support. We offer full email and telephone support to clients.