The business impact of environmental protection
Oxford Economics provides reports and analysis that focus on the critical issue of how global economies deal with the ecosystem, especially high-impact areas such as greenhouse gases and other environmental pollutants.
Our economic analysis can illustrate the importance of understanding local ecosystems and help support decisions about both local and global sustainability, including:
- How can we assess the value of local and global ecosystems?
- How can government and industry address policy in response to key issues such as climate change?
- How will changes to government policies or environmental regulations impact companies and industries?
Our technical capabilities allow us to examine these issues from a variety of perspectives.
- Ecosystem valuation—We combine both market and non-market values to develop a holistic approach to economic valuation, providing an important assessment tool for policymakers.
- Policy impact modelling—Our models allow us to assess the basic economic and trade impacts of specific environmental initiatives, such as carbon trading.
- Local perspectives—Our analytical techniques allow us to map out environmental impacts on a smaller scale, such as the environmental effects of a local initiative such as a new transport link.