In today’s complex and volatile global environment, macro events can emerge suddenly, producing hard-to-predict tail risks that affect all classes of assets and undermine portfolio performance. A valuation approach that does not take into account changing macro trends, rising geopolitical pressures and other market shocks is no longer adequate. To protect against today’s unexpected downside shocks, and boost risk-adjusted returns, asset managers need more advanced quantitative tools and insights to assess the impact of macro trends on asset valuations.
Oxford Economics Capital Markets
Given market efficiencies to incorporate latest economic information, alpha is only generated if asset managers can anticipate future macro events and their impact on asset valuations better than the market. Oxford Economics Capital Markets is a dedicated team of senior economists who do just this. Working alongside our global team of 150 economists, they develop insights and event-driven scenarios, which draw on our fully integrated global economic model as an analytical framework and are delivered through the Global Macro Service.
Sophisticated tools and analysis for asset managers
Oxford Economics, the world’s leading global economic consultancy, offers a range of off-the-shelf and tailored services, including regularly updated data, forecasts and analysis on 200 countries, 100 industries and over 3,000 cities. Behind this analysis is the world’s leading globally integrated, open-architecture economic and industry models.
- Reliable forecasts of future macroeconomic trends, which are continuously revised to take into account latest data and analysis.
- Globally integrated economic and industry models to enable asset managers to construct their own economic forecasts and stress test their investment positions.
- Asset-sensitive scenario tools to test the impact of alternative macro events on investments, and model the behavior of equity, fixed income, currency, commodities and other assets under different economic conditions.
- Events-driven analysis and scenarios of pivotal economic shifts, key market developments and important policy changes that will affect economic and financial conditions.
- Ongoing advice from top economists with knowledge of major and emerging markets and keen insights built on modeling evidence.